Monday, June 28, 2021

Garlic Time and Garlic Oil Bread


Today I finished up the garlic braids, and cleaned up the rest of the garlic for using this year until next garden season. Someone asked on a garden post how long garlic last. It pretty much depends on how you use it, and how you store it. Generally around our home about 1 year. I have had some of mine dry out before the next garden season and when they do I make my own garlic power, and garlic salt. 

I recently learned you can actually freeze your garlic. I have not tried that method but if I felt like I was not using my garlic before it went bad freezing it is a good option. 

I am enjoying the look in my kitchen. Check out the hanging garlic braids... 


                                    

This year I am sharing a fun way to do your own garlic bread.  
Olive Oil And Herbs Garlic Bread

What’s the secret to good garlic bread? Garlic. Fresh Garlic. 

I usually make my own bread but (I buy it also) you can use french bread or ciabatta or any bread you like. And you can slice them however you’d like. 

Ingredients

  • 1 loaf sourdough or ciabatta bread
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese


  • Instructions


  • Cut the bread into even slices and spread on a baking sheet (or two)

  • In a small jar, mix the olive oil, minced garlic and fresh parsley. Close the jar and shake to blend.

  • Brush or spoon the olive oil garlic mixture generously on the cut side of each slice of bread. Season with fresh cracked black pepper, if desired.

  • Sprinkle each piece with grated Parmesan cheese.

  • Broil in the oven until they are toasted and the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.

  • Enjoy immediately.






See my past post on different ways to store garlic. Wow, we have been growing garlic since 2011...

https://mygardnerguy.blogspot.com/search/label/garlic




No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...