Sunday, June 13, 2021

Garden peas a Gardner's candy...



Every year on President's Day my Husband heads out to the garden and plants his row of peas. Regardless if there is snow on the ground he will shovel his way through and plant them
I love garden peas, peas are a good source of vitamins C and E, zinc, and other antioxidants that strengthen your immune system. Other nutrients, such as vitamins A and B and colostrum, they help to reduce inflammation and lower your risk of chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis. I like just eating the plain pea like candy handfuls at a time!!!
How can you preserve garden peas? 
Well with the amount My Gardener Guy grows I end up freezing some...
I could go into a long detail of how but hey I'm a busy girl and as a Realtor, Wife and Grandma there is only so much time. So I am directing you to a link of how to...
What can you do with peas, the list is long...
Use them as a side dish, purée them into a soup, add them to a stew, or briefly blanch them and toss them in risottos or pastas. When they're small and tender, they're also great raw in salads. Or, my favorite in the palm of my hand I eat them like chips or candy...

No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...