Friday, April 17, 2020

Rhubarb pie and other family traditions...food, family, and fun!!!

With this corona virus  going on I decided to take the Realtor apron off and put on the Grandma apron spending some extra time with those I love... Oh yea...1st picking of the Rhubarb means it's pie time...
Pie for Easter, Pie is a family tradition, teaching granddaughters how to make Pie...means Pie is a good thing!!!
Waiting to put these in the oven...it has been a tradition to make 2 pies one for the family and one for a daughter that loves pie!!!


1 st cutting of the Rhubarb April 2020
Don't you just love this centerpiece...so fitting this year. Ella our artist is responsible for this...loving it !!! 
Small Easter dinner at the Cabin this year 
It was a small group, we played all kinds of games, laughed, had pie, deviled eggs and fried chicken ...
That's my baseball player Ty...yea I like watching him play!

Let me tell you about this sweet girl...she's my oldest Granddaughter, beautiful, a complete joy to hang out with, and she loves Rhubarb pie!!!
I have taught her along with my daughter's how to make pie. They have brought this tradition into their families.





For the family recipe see the link below...sharing our love of Rhubarb!!!
https://mygardnerguy.blogspot.com/2011/06/rhubard-pie-plant.html

Deviled Eggs (we have at all holiday dinners)
https://mygardnerguy.blogspot.com/2012/04/deviled-eggs-and-easter.html

Raspberry Pears (a must at all of our family dinners)
https://mygardnerguy.blogspot.com/2012/03/rasberry-pears.html


No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...