Sunday, September 25, 2022

Easy Ketchup


We have grown so many tomatoes over the years that my goal was to never waste them. I make ketchup and chili sauce, most people use chili sauce as a ketchup.

I fill my large 12 quart pot up allowing the tomatoes to heap over. Once it has cooked down about 3/4 from the top I add the following. 

2 3/4 cup of sugar
1 large onion chopped
2 green peppers chopped 
1/4 cup salt
2 1/2 cups of white vinegar
3 tbsp tajin seasoning

Allow the mixture to simmer until it is the thickness you desire for ketchup. Fill your warm pint jars and water bath or steam can for 20 minutes.

I like a smooth ketchup so I do run my batch through a Victorian Strainer prior to filling the jars. You can find these plastic ketchup bottles at a lot of places. 





 

No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...