Sunday, September 13, 2020

Pepper Jelly



This jelly deserves a repost. It's a favorite and along the way I have changed it up a bit according to my desired use. With a garden full of multi colored peppers I use the orange, yellow and green ones to make me a jelly that has a fall look to it. You can follow the recipe below for a batch of 6-7 jars (green pepper jelly or use this one for a small single use...(if you use green peppers it puts off that color, also the same with red...)

Ingredients
1/2 cup red bell peppers
1 T  hatch chilies, roasted, peeled, deseeded, and minced fine
1 T jalepapenos, deseeded, minced fine
3 oz of apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 T liquid fruit pectin

Process 
1. In a saucepot over medium heat bring all ingredients to a boil, except pectin
2. Add pectin, then boil for 1 minute
3. Refrigerate over night before using and enjoy. I suggest sevinging with cream cheese, goat cheese and crackers.

Love this recipe, I make it alot and keep a few jars on hand!!! 

While in Las Vegas, spending some time with those I love but also needing some down time. One of my granddaughters wanted to know how to make my Pepper jelly. This is a very easy recipe and it's delicious. I use it a lot during the holidays. She is wanting to make a Churcuterie board tomorrow with this special treat added to it. Anytime I can pass on down a recipe from Grandma I'm in!!!

Green Pepper Jelly (or what ever color you want use that color of pepper)

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of green pepper (mixture of any green pepper and jalapeno)

1 1/2 cups of distilled white vinegar & 1 TBSP

6 1/2 cups of sugar, I have reduced this to 4 cups and like it a lot better...

3 ounces of liquid pectin

Directions

In a large pot combine diced green peppers (I dice small) and white vinegar. Bring this to a boil for about 4-5 minutes. I then use a spoon and remove about 3/4 of the peppers.

Add another TBSP of vinegar and your sugar, bring to a boil for 6 minutes stirring constantly. 

Stir in liquid pectin and continue for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly, remove pan from the heat, and skim off the foam from the top.

Ladle jelly into sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2 inch space at the top. Seal and process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.

This jelly has become a family favorite. It goes good on the following, black eye peas, smoked sausages, crackers with cream cheese...

No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...