Sunday, June 5, 2011

What I love about gardening?

First what is not to love about gardening!!! I have a great Gardner Guy who is a huge support to me. Fresh product aids in the development and creation of the finest foods. Sunday dinners can be fast and simple or big with taste, Both can be served up from a stocked pantry from last years bounty as well as this years fresh product as it ripens for the used of those enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Friday Brooke Graduated from High School...we are happy for her and today I wanted to end the week with a delicious Sunday Dinner...

The Menu
Grilled Chicken Breast marinaded in herbs, garlic, lemon juice, topped with carmelized sweet onions with red and green pepper garden relish.
Red Potatoes roasted with garlic and fresh rosemary that my Gardner Guy just picked today.
Corn on the cobb with a pesto buttery sauce added while roasting on the grill. I have the best basil pesto; I made many batches of this gourmet treat last season. I am so looking forward to my new crop of basil this year.
Fresh spinach and garden greens salad paired with sweet strawberries and feta cheese, and a raspberry vingerett dressing.
Fresh baked rolls to be served with my apricot and concord grape jams made last season. That's why I like gardening, preserving foods to enjoy everyday even when they are not in season.
Beverage, chilled apple pear juice and yes I make my own juices...
Does it sound good? Do you want to join us?
Georgie

5 comments:

Stacie said...

I hope you'll be posting some of your recipes. :)

Blocked poster said...

Eating food from your own garden (without pesticides) for at least a year before pregnancy has been shown to reduce the chances of having a child with autism or other behavioral differences. If I had the room I would grow EVERYTHING I eat. A big vote of support for you Georgie!

georgie said...

Stacie, I will be posting many recipes...and to the Blocked poster I would be interested in reading about this study you are talking about. Do you have a reference? Thank you for your support!!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Can't wait to follow it! Julie

Oh Behave! Bewitching beadery for those that dare. said...

Hello Georgie,
I'm the oldest Granddaughter of Violet Carpenter Williams (sister of Louella Carpenter Ishmael) and the Auntie of Sarah Kirk. I love to garden. I love to grow, preserve and cook food. Having survived breast cancer I've learned the importance of avoiding commercially raised foods. I hope you share recipes.

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...