Sunday, August 18, 2013

Something else besides Zucchini Bread....



Beside making bread with zucchini try making a creamy soup, sometimes creamy soups made from roasted and puréed vegetables are called bisques. I have learned to make a few different ones with all the vegetables we have at times. Yesterday I decided for our Sunday meal I would use up the few zucchini's we had, serve with fresh bread and bruschetta, corn on the cob and a cucumber salad.

The one thing about this meal is every thing could be prepared the day before, except for cooking the corn. This allows me to have a lazy Sunday. Knowing that My Gardner Guy has a huge sweet tooth I made a few loaves of banana bread and some unbaked cookies. By Sunday evening I pretty much bet the treats will all be gobbled up!!!

 

Zucchini Bisque

5 cups zucchini
1 small onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves minced 
1/2 cube butter
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half & half
salt & white pepper to taste
1 dash nutmeg

Simmer everything except the cream until squash & onion are tender. Blend until smooth, add cream.
Garnish this delicious soup with a little cheese, croutons, bacon, chives, parsley or even cilantro leaves ....

Those treats I made well there almost gone!!!


Post a Comment

Those new potatoes will pair up nice with the garden peas!!!

Creamed Garden Potatoes and Peas Recipe We all have comfort foods...this one is mine, My Gardner Guy approves!!! Ingredients 2...