Saturday, August 18, 2012

Jalapeno's sweet with some heat....


This time of the year I am swamp with trying to keep up with My Gardner Guy...tomorrow I am heading south so today I needed to get some canning done. Jalapeno's for My Gardner Guy were on the list.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds of jalapenos
1 cup of  cider vinegar
3 cups of sugar
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:

Slice Jalapenos. Mix cider vinegar, sugar, tumeric, celery seed, garlic, and cayenne. Bring this to a boil reduce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add sliced jalapeno's and allow to simmer another 5 minutes. Load sterilized jars with jalapenos first and then add liquid filling the jars leaving 1/4 headspace. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes.
Post a Comment

Those new potatoes will pair up nice with the garden peas!!!

Creamed Garden Potatoes and Peas Recipe We all have comfort foods...this one is mine, My Gardner Guy approves!!! Ingredients 2...