Saturday, August 18, 2012

Jalapeno's sweet with some heat....


This time of the year I am swamp with trying to keep up with My Gardner Guy...tomorrow I am heading south so today I needed to get some canning done. Jalapeno's for My Gardner Guy were on the list.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds of jalapenos
1 cup of  cider vinegar
3 cups of sugar
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:

Slice Jalapenos. Mix cider vinegar, sugar, tumeric, celery seed, garlic, and cayenne. Bring this to a boil reduce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add sliced jalapeno's and allow to simmer another 5 minutes. Load sterilized jars with jalapenos first and then add liquid filling the jars leaving 1/4 headspace. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...