Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce




I am one of those cooks who seldom follow a recipe...or if I do not have all the ingredients that a recipe calls for I adapt!!! Today I did not have the cheese, but I have powered cheese so it worked just fine. I simply added about 3/4 cup (this amount may vary depending upon your taste) to my evaporated milk with the rest of the dried ingredients and just a little flour to thicken the sauce. My sundried tomatoes that I put up last season...Yummy;
For more on Sun dried tomato's follow this link...http://mygardnerguy.blogspot.com/2011/09/loving-those-sundried-tomatosi-still.html#links

Ingredients

  • 2 cups (8 oz.) dry penne pasta
  • 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
  • 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Nestle Carnation Evaporated milk
  • 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Italian-style four-cheese blend
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

PREPARE pasta according to package directions, adding sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for last two minutes of cooking time; drain.

MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.

ADD pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to cheese sauce; stir until combined.

Post a Comment

Those new potatoes will pair up nice with the garden peas!!!

Creamed Garden Potatoes and Peas Recipe We all have comfort foods...this one is mine, My Gardner Guy approves!!! Ingredients 2...