Saturday, March 31, 2012

Raspberry Pears have become a family Tradition...





Years ago I attended an invite to a friends home, I can't even remember now what the occasion was. However I remember a dessert that I loved. It became a famous dish in my own family. I serve it often at big events, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I have been making this dessert for the past 40 years now...it's that good!!! Now we can enjoy it more often, My Gardner Guy, has fresh raspberries growing each year in the garden. Raspberries, black berries and strawberries...yummy. The best part is the pear tree we have. 

(all berries can be used as a topping on this dessert, I like the raspberries the best)

2 large cans of whole pear halves, or fresh pears when available...
2 8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup or more of powered sugar (to your liking of taste)
1 bag of frozen raspberries
1/8 cup of corn starch
1/4 to 1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts (optional)
1/8 cups of finely finely grated white chocolate (optional)

First take your frozen raspberries and on a medium heat cook until it is thicken, adding corn starch and white sugar. Let it then cool, I often place in freezer while preparing the rest of the dish.
Now for looks a head of pretty leaf lettuce, to serve as a bed for the pears to lay on.
Open your cans of pears, drain and lay on lettuce bed.
Mix powered sugar and cream cheese together, use has a filling in the holes of the pears halves.
Now take you cooled raspberry topping and put a little over the top of the pear and cream cheese.
Sprinkle the tops with a few nuts and white chocolate......

Enjoy,

Georgie




1 comment:

Shelley Crowther said...

how could u give away our secret family tradition

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...