Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Homemade Croutons....garnish dishes for My Gardner Guy!!!

Make Your Own Croutons

Once you make your own you will see how much better tasting they are and how easy. I save left over buns, ends of breads, day old french bread, etc. and put them in the freezer. When I have collected enough I make a big batch...
  1. Cut some day-old or stale  bread into cubes.
  2. Drizzle the bread cubes with olive oil. Toss in a pan.
  3. Spice them up with a few shakes of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or whatever spices sound good. Toss again. I have been enjoying using the spice salad supreme, and grounded up sun dried tomato's...
  4. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Shake and toss. Bake until toasted. ***Pay attention so you don’t burn them!
That’s it!  Enjoy...............

Georgie

1 comment:

Mae Folk said...

I love homemade corn bread croutons too!!! They add a tiny bit of sweetness, and are supper yum with Ranch dressing!!

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...