Saturday, July 30, 2011
Garlic...Garlic...and more Garlic and one more day until kitchen demolition!!!
I have been busy getting stuff done so before we tear out the old kitchen and build the new one....Don't you love My Gardener Guy's garlic...
Canning fresh garlic cloves is an effective way of preserving them for a long period of time....
Things You'll Need
1 water bath canner or steam canner
12 large garlic heads
1 large pot
3 cups white vinegar with 5 percent acidity
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pickling salt
10 half pint jars including lids and rings
1. Sterilize and clean the jars by either running them through a cycle in the dishwasher or by placing them in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove garlic cloves from heads and peel off the outer layers. Rinse peeled cloves under cold water.
3. In the large pot, combine the vinegar, salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Add the peeled garlic cloves and let them boil for about one minute. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Place the garlic cloves into the jars, making sure to leave about 3/4 inch at the top. Pour the pickling liquid over the cloves into the jars, leaving up to 1/2 inch of room at the top.
5. Place lids on the jars, then place the jars into the canner. Make sure that the water is at least 1 to 2 inches above the tops of the jars if using a water bath canner.
6. Cover the canner and bring the water to a boil. Process the jars in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
I am going to enjoy cooking with this garlic come fall and winter!!!
I Love cooking on Special Days, Thanksgiving is one of those DAYS...I have cooked many a Turkeys and tried a few different methods. I t...
Cole slaw to can or freeze INGREDIENTS 1 large head cabbage 1 large carrot, I love color so I used 2 carrots 1 green pepper, red, yel...
My Gardner Guy's Tomato Jam.... Crostini with Ricotta and tomato jam or use goat cheese....it is great!!! Use thi...