Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4th Hamburgers for My Gardner Guy....


Strawberry Rhubarb pie makes a great July 4th treat, especially with vanilla ice cream!!! This is a picture from Family Fun....I thought it would be a perfect way to make my Rhubarb pie this year....sorry my camera is broke...but you get the idea right!!! I made three of these two for us and one for Aunt Trudy...They were beautiful and patriotic.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Link
My Gardner Guy...Grow, Create, Cook and Eat...: Rhubarb (the Pie Plant): "My Gardner Guy has left Rhubarb on my kitchen table...

As I stated in my last post I have been wrapped up in plans to remodel my kitchen. I also have been enjoying the company of my daughters and grand critters. Though it has been hectic with all that is going on we took the time to enjoy our July 4th with family and some tasty hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, strawberry rhubarb pie, root beer floats.....parades, fireworks and water fun!!!

I finally got a chance to test out the rhubarb barbecue sauce in My Gardner Guys hamburgers. Forgive me for not posting pictures of our great food...a week of fun, and oops... my camera is not working after a water mishap. But this is what I did.... I added about a cup of my rhubarb sauce, 1/8 cup of Worcestershire sauce, one medium/large onion, salt and pepper to 3- 4 lbs of meat. He likes it....I like it when he likes it...

Tip: Instead of Mayonnaise and Mustard as a garnish or spread try using cream cheese and mix in some sliced jalapeno peppers...

Barbecue Sauce Link
My Gardner Guy...Grow, Create, Cook and Eat...: A treat for My Gardener Guy!!! Sweet Marmalade and Barbecue Sauce ...:

No comments:

Loving mashed potatoes the Irish Way!!!

You can use kale instead of cabbage, but I personally prefer the softer and sweeter taste of cabbage. Colcannon is traditionally topped with...